Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two days, Two states, 900 miles

Our shortest day of the trip so far was a five hour jaunt to Omaha, NE. My parents met in Omaha, so I got to see where they used to live and work and met one of their old friends. There was a crazy thunderstorm while we were there that toppled trees onto houses and turned the sky yellow-green. It also created a very impressive rainbow.

Thursday we got up early and took off across Nebraska for Denver. I liked being in Nebraska again, it reminded me of my trip in high school to many interesting sites in the northern part of the state. We stopped at Boot Hill Cemetery in Ogallala, where bandits, paupers and those who cheated at cards were buried. We arrived early in Denver, and toasted our successful day with frosty mugs of root beer at A & W.

No comments:

Post a Comment