Thursday, August 19, 2010

Feeling part of the resources team

This week I went from on edge at work, to being part of the team. I took responsibility for my program by talking about it with the resources staff and leading a meeting of the paleo advisory committee. I also spent the earlier part of the week out in the field with the park's archaeology team. Both of us found new sites, and I started to get a feel for some of the rock units. It was hiking over scree slopes and through river channels full of tamarisk coupled with swimming breaks in the lake and quiet evenings. Feeling the horror of fresh graffiti over rock art thousands of years old. Solving mysteries reported by the rangers. Learning how to tie proper knots, which side of the buoy we should be on and recognizing more landmarks on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment