Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hubbard Street and Alonzo King Dance Studios

Saturday night I went to a dance performance on Berkeley's campus by combined dancers from Hubbard Street Dance Studio in Chicago and Alonzo King's Lines Ballet from San Francisco. I attended an all you can dance classes for $5 at Alonzo Kings on of my first Saturdays here, so that's why the announcement caught my eye. All the dancers are trained in ballet, but the performances they do are more like modern dance--different music spliced together with a theme that the choreographer is trying to convey. Although it was neat to see the scenes with lots of dancers on stage at once, I found the really compelling parts of the performance were with just one or two dancers on stage, and watching their interplay.

No comments:

Post a Comment