Monday, March 28, 2011

Magically Appearing Roommates

Government housing is always an adventure. In DC I lived in a huge dusty house that I ended up being kicked out of so they could deal with the mice. Then I lived in a house with 6-7 housemates, shared a bedroom, two kitchens on a little piece of parkland along a busy traffic route. Here in Arizona the phenomenon is the magically appearing roommates. Magic because we never know when it is going to be or how many or when they're leaving. Someday, you'll just show up at your house and there is another person there. Just when you've gotten into a routine with this new person and things are back to "normal" another one will show up.

I'm somewhat resistant to change anyway, and always resent these sudden changes in routine. Last week we had another roommate appear 4 days early and she was eventually scared off by my cluttered room. Nevertheless, I am looking at moving to a house in town soon, where my space will really be my space and perhaps there will be a few less magic appearances...

1 comment:

  1. Not having roommates is pretty awesome. Hope the move is a success!

    ReplyDelete